In partnership with
Join the first Copernicus Marine Service InfoDay “Powering marine business and services in Estonia” organised by Mercator Océan in partnership with MSI.
The Copernicus programme is an EU flagship space programme aiming at developing a set of European information services based on satellite Earth Observation and in-situ data analyses.
The Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service (CMEMS) is a legacy of the EU funded MyOcean Projects (FP7 – H2020) and provides regular and systematic information about the physical state and dynamics of the ocean and marine ecosystems for the global ocean and the European regional seas.
Mercator Ocean, the French center of global ocean analysis and forecast has been entrusted by the EU to implement and operate the Copernicus Marine Service.
Marine Systems Institute (MSI) is a research institution affiliated to the Tallinn University of Technology. Its competence and responsibility involves basic and applied research of the Baltic Sea physical and biogeochemical processes in order to better understand and model those processes in the context of changing atmosphEric, terrestrial, and human impacts.The studies are important for development of marine information systems and forecasting methods. MSI is a major stakeholder of the Copernicus Marine Service in the Baltic Sea.
This Estonian InfoDay is open to current or potential future users of CMEMS who have a general interest in ocean products (either as service providers or end users, for research or business purposes).
The Organisation Team
ORIGINAL SOKOS HOTEL VIRU
Viru väljak 4,
- The Original Sokos Hotel Viru (venue hotel) offers Single Room Rate at 77€ per night including breakfast.
- If you want to book a room, please contact:
Maris Koppel, Müügiassistent/Sales Assistant Original Sokos Hotel Viru
Tel +372 680 9239
- Please quote “CMEMS Estonian InfoDay” to benefit from this offer.
How to get there
By car (4 km)
- Drive along Tartu Road towards the City Centre for ~2.4 kilometers; at the intersection turn right onto Pronksi Street, drive for ~0.5 kilometers and turn left at the intersection onto Narva Road.
- Drive for ~0.7 kilometers to the Viru roundabout. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit and drive straight ahead to arrive in front of the main entrance to the Hotel.
By public transport
- Take bus no. 2 for the City Centre, direction Reisisadam (A-Terminal), from outside the Airport and get off at the “A Laikmaa” stop.
- Tickets can be purchased onboard the bus. A single-ride ticket costs 2€.
- The single-ride ticket is valid only for that ride in that vehicle.
- See routes and timetables
- Taxi rates are not limited by law in Estonia. Before you start your ride, make sure that the rate is acceptable to you and, if possible, ask the driver for the estimated fare.
- In order to avoid any unpleasant experiences with taxis, the airport recommends that you only use their partner taxis waiting at the official taxi park of the airport.
- The official taxi partners of Tallinn Airport are Tulika Takso, Tallink Takso and Tulika Business, whose cars will be waiting for passengers right in front of the terminal doors.
By public transport
- Take tram no. 1, 2, 3 or 4 and get off at “Hobujaama” station
- Tickets can be purchased onboard the tram. A single-ride ticket costs 2€. The single-ride ticket is valid only for that ride in that vehicle.
- See routes and timetables.
Should you have questions regarding the event organisation, please contact:
Tel: 0033 5 61 39 38 18
Should you require any further information regarding the Copernicus Marine Service, please contact our Service Desk: