Mercator Ocean’s offer is three-fold:
1) We propose marine and environmental data services:
- Free-of-charge marine data from the Copernicus Marine Service
- Free-of-charge Earth Observation data along with paid cloud processing resources from the Copernicus WEkEO DIAS service
- Free-of-charge marine data from Mercator Ocean International (MOI service page)
2) We propose capacity-building and training services to assist you in building and improving the capacities needed to use marine and environmental observation and forecasting data to develop your applications. We provide operational support training, comprehensive guidance, and world-class scientific expertise. Here you will find resources from our Mercator Ocean ETOOFs (which works to establish standards to democratize operational oceanography worldwide), Copernicus Marine user learning and WEkEO capacity-building and training services.
3) We propose ocean knowledge, ocean expertise and ocean literacy resources to accompany sponsor organisations and actively support their actions to implement policies for a sustainable ocean. We support sponsor organisations by helping them implement their programmes, projects and initiatives. As a central agent liaising with different communities, Mercator Ocean International, together with NGOs and Associations, will continue building bridges between them and act to improve communication and awareness for all citizens.