Iranian National Institute for Oceanography and Atmospheric Science
The Iranian National Institute for Oceanography and Atmospheric Science aims for the Iranian governemnent to establish and develop marine research laboratories in the institute and Centers at the coasts of the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman and the Caspian Sea.
It is composed of 4 centers among which the ocean Engineering and Technology Research Center carrying out the researches on:
- Modeling, hind casting and forecasting wind waves
- Studying and modeling the process of wave propagation from deep water to shallow water
- Tsunami Modeling
- Water level changes
- Wave- structure interaction
- Current-structure interaction
- Estuary hydrodynamic modeling
- Current pattern modeling in the sea and coastal areas.
It mainly provides observation data about the Gulf of Oman, the Caspian Sea and the Persian Gulf.
Address: No.3, Etemad Zadeh St., Fatemi Ave, Tehran, iran.
More information on their website.